Litchfield Park – History And Modern Living Combined
Palm trees and orange trees line the streets of Litchfield Park. Only 16 miles outside of central Phoenix, Litchfield Park is full of history, breath-taking landscapes and home to the celebrated Wigwam Resort.
The city really began to grow in 1917 when Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company executive, Paul W. Litchfield was sent to Arizona to purchase 16,000 acres to grow cotton for the company’s tire production.
In 1987, it was incorporated as a city and continues to grow with a population of just over 6,000 residents.
Homes And Communities
Litchfield Park has homes for a wide variety of budgets and needs – from stunning condos to acre lots with custom homes, you will love to call Litchfield Park your home. Average sales price for a home in Litchfield Park is $326,000 and prices currently ranging from $175,000 for a 1-bedroom condo to $1.9 million for a custom home and many options in between!
Homes in Old Litchfield surround Wigwam Resort and Golf Course and are full of charm, history and opportunity to meet up with friends old an new. Locally owned restaurants and cafes line Old Litchfield Road, which serves as a quaint Main Street. Take your family in the golf cart, for brunch and then take the kids fishing at Tierra Verde Lack Park! A library, rec center and golf course ensure your family will have plenty of activities throughout the year. This is the community you have been waiting for!
Many of these historic homes have been lovingly restored – see what’s available in Old Litchfield here:
A large master planned community, Dreaming Summit over 1,700 units, built by 8 different builders, and 80 acres of parks and common area. The community has four gated parcel areas, and several floor plans to choose from. This centrally located community has easy access to grocery stores, shopping, restaurants and recreation. Minutes from Luke Air Force Base make this an ideal local for both active and retired military personnel!
Houses range from 1,600 sq ft to just under 4,500 sq ft with many floor plans to choose from! To see what is currently available in Dreaming Summit – click here!
Wigwam Creek is centrally located and your are minutes from shopping, restaurants, the Phoenix Cardinals stadium and the Westgate Entertainment District! Parks, open spaces, playgrounds and large greenbelts also help to make this an ideal neighborhood!
Homes were built between 1996-2013 and there are many floor plans to choose from ranging from 1,400 sq ft to 4.200 sq ft. To see what is currently available in Wigwam Creek – click here!
Education choices for families is a major consideration for many families and Buckeye has school choices that include public, charter and private schools.
Litchfield Elementary School District oversees Grades K-8 and is an ‘A’ Rated School District.
Agua Fria Union High School District governs Millennium High School, where children go for Grades 9-12.
You can research public schools in Litchffield Park and get more information here: https://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?lat=33.5099073&locationLabel =Litchfield%20Park%2C%20AZ%2085340&locationType =zip&lon=-112.34569850000003&st%5B%5D=public_charter&st%5B%5D=public&state=AZ
- Charter: Charter schools off an alternative to traditional public schools and although funded by the state and are free to Arizona students, they vary in mission and model, serving a wide range of students.
You can research charter schools in Litchfield Park and get more information here: https://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?lat=33.5099073&locationLabel=Litchfield%20Park%2C%20AZ%2085340&locationType= zip&lon=-112.34569850000003&st%5B%5D=public_charter&st%5B%5D=charter&state=AZ
- Private: Tuition is paid in private schools and can offer smaller class sizes or specialized curriculum. Click here for options available in Litchfield Park: https://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?lat =33.5099073&locationLabel=Litchfield%20Park%2C%20AZ%2085340& locationType=zip&lon=-112.34569850000003&st%5B%5D=private&state=AZ
Parks and Recreation
Wigwam Resort Golf Club – This historic golf club is the only resort in Arizona to encompass three 18-hold championship courses, 2 of which were designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. With diversity and challenge in a Sonoaran desert setting, combined with trees, lakes and streams, the Wigwam has a course for every level and ability!
Falcon Golf Club – This affordable club features a full grass practice area and 18-hole golf course and practice area. It has a nine target style and the back nine is championship style with bunkers, water and trees.
- Tierra Verde Lake Park : With over 3 acres of land surrounding a 4-acre lake, this park is ideal for fishing, picnicking, walking and biking. Located in Old Litchfield, this leafy park will keep your family busy for hours!
- Scout Park : This park has almost 6 acres and has a large soccer field-sized grassy open space, playground and a baseball/softball backstop.
- Aleppo Park : A soccer field, basketball and sand volleyball court, covered picnic areas make up this park. There are restrooms and a water fountain to ensure you can stay for hours of fun!
Other Recreation Facilities:
- Bell Fitness : Bell Fitness believes you should work smarter, not harder and has created a 30-minute workout program that is designed help you burn twice the fat and build muscles in half the time! Done in a group setting with accountability, fun & community, Bell Fitness provides an inviting place for everyone to work out!
- Litchfield Park Rec Center : Located in Old Litchfield, the Rec Center has tennis and basketball courts and an outdoor 25-yard heated pool, and toddler pool area. The pool is open mid-April – Labor Day.
- World Wildlife Zoo : Experience the largest collection of exotic animals in Arizona at this award-winning zoo! With over 600 species, rides and a petting zoo, World Wildlife Zoo is a great day out for the family!
Also part of the zoo is a 4 building Aquarium filled with hundreds of fish and reptiles! Sea Lions are also part of the exhibit and don’t forgot to eat wth the sharks at Dillon’s BBQ!
Dragon World is where you get to see the display of ectotherms – which use the environment to control their body temperatures!! Also, get up close to a reticulated python, white alligator, bearded dragon and more!
At the Safari Park you will see rhinos, baboons, hyenas – you can also take the Safari Tram through it all to get a different view of the animals!