Only 20 miles out of Phoenix, Goodyear is in a prime location for work, recreation and location. It’s roots are based in cotton production and the 16,000 acres purchased in 1917 for the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.
According to the most recent survey, citizens are happy with the overall Quality of Life in Goodyear:
- 9 out of 10 would recommend and remain in Goodyear
- 95% feel Goodyear is an excellent or good place to live
- 96% feel safe in their neighborhood
- 90% rate Police as excellent or good
- 96% rate Fire Services as excellent or good
- 93% rate Emergency Medical Services as excellent or good
Goodyear was incorporated in 1946 and became a city in 1985. Since then, the landscape and population has changed dramatically. With almost 80,000 residents calling it home.
Goodyear Ballpark, home to spring training for the Cincinnati Reds and the Cleveland Indians, puts Goodyear on the national stage with thousands coming to the west valley to support their favorite teams!
Companies such as Amazon, Macy’s, chewy.com, REI and Snyder’s of Hanover and Sub-Zero Inc have a presence here and makes a significant impact on the local community, providing jobs and opportunities for residents.
In 2019, Goodyear approved a five-building plan for Microsoft’s technology center, showing that Goodyear is ready for business and ready for growth!
Homes And Communities
Over 74% of the Goodyear residents own their own home, with the current average sales price coming in at $323,000. House prices, on average, have gone up by almost 3% over the past year, and they are moving quickly, with the average days on the market, from listing to close, at 64.
Goodyear real estate is dynamic and with its proximity to Phoenix, the growth in both local & national businesses, retail and restaurant outlets shows that Goodyear is a great place to live!
There are several developments that make up Goodyear.
Palm Valley – North of I10 Palm Valley is divided into 8 phases, providing a home for thousands of families in it’s 9,000 acre master plan. The community is centered around the Championship Palms Course and provides open spaces with suburban planning. There are wide tree-lined streets, scenic mountain views, breath taking sunsets along with parks, restaurants, shopping, fitness centers and more!
Estrella – South of I10 is the mixed-use, master planned community of Estella. Neighborhoods are connected by wild desert trails and lakes for both recreation and relaxing. There are three neighborhoods:
- Mountain Ranch – This community has a mix of architecture including Spanish Colonial and Ranch-style homes with a home size and style to match your style. It also includes access to the Starpointe Residents Club and the convenience of Mountain Ranch Marketplace for your everyday needs.
- Montecito – In this development, you have access to the Presidio residents blue and the Sonoran Desert on your doorstep amongst the 150 acres of open space, with plans for commercial and retail stores.
- Cantamia – A stunning community for those over 55, Cantamia is a resort-style gated community that includes access to the Village Center, featuring indoor and outdoor pools and fitness center. Parks, classes tennis courts and pickle ball make this an ideal community to make friends, stay active and enjoy the desert landscape!
Canyon Trails – With easy access to abundant amenities including parks, schools, recreation, shopping and dining, Canyon Trails is an ideal location for your family. This tree lined community provides opportunities for relaxation and recreation, while staying connected to the I-10 freeway and loop 303. You will also enjoy the Canyon Trails Town Center and it’s retail options right inside Canyon Trails Master Plan!
Pebble Creek – A luxury retirement community, Pebble Creek provides an abundance of social and recreational activities. Amenities include 5 dining options including a coffee bar and private dining room. Both indoor and outdoor pools, a state-of-the-art fitness & aquatic center and clubhouse. If art is your passion, you can take classes and create in the Creative Arts Center. The golf course dominates the landscape, with amazing mountain views in the background. If active retirement is what you are looking for, Pebble Creek has it all!
Goodyear residents have many choices when it comes to schools. From preschools to college, there are many options for your family including public, charter and private.
- Pre-K: An important step for many families, there are many options for Preschool in the Goodyear area. From private options to school district Head Start programs.
You can research public schools and get more information here: https://www.greatschools.org/arizona/goodyear/schools/?gradeLevels%5B%5D=p&st%5B%5D=private
- Public: There are several options to choose from in the Goodyear area and Goodyear encompasses 6 school districts including:
- Litchfield Elementary District
- Avondale Elementary District
- Liberty Elementary District
- Agua Fria Union High School District
- West-Mec – Western Maricopa Education Center
You can research public schools and get more information here: https://www.greatschools.org/arizona/goodyear/schools/?st%5B%5D=public
- Charter: Charter schools offer an alternative to traditional public schools and although funded by the state and are free to Arizona students, they vary in mission and model, serving a wide range of students
You can research charter schools and get more information here: https://www.greatschools.org/arizona/goodyear/schools/?st%5B%5D=charter
- Private : Tuition is paid in private school and can offer smaller class sizes or specialized curriculum. There are several to choose from in the Goodyear area.
You can research private schools and get more information here: https://www.greatschools.org/arizona/goodyear/schools/?st%5B%5D=private
Parks And Recreation
Goodyear Ballpark – Home of spring training for the Cleveland Indians and the Cincinnati Reds. The Cactus league brings people from all over the country to soak in the desert sun while cheering on their favorite team. View the 2020 Spring Training schedule here! http://www.goodyearbp.com/Home/Components/News/News/9955/14
- Golf Club at Estrella – This course, designed by Jack Nicklaus II, is ranked as one of the state’s top 20 public courses. It is open to the public and the Player’s Grill and Patio restaurant is a great way to finish off your game!
- Palm Valley Golf Club – Home of 27 holes of championship golf. With 3 different 9-hole courses that can be played as 3 different 18-hole layouts, Palm Valley Golf Club is the place to perfect your game!
Parks and Hiking
- Bullard Wash Linear Park – This 61 park includes an amphitheater and lighted pathway that travels under Virginia Ave, which provides resident the opportunity to exercise on state-of-the-art outdoor fitness stations.
- Estrella Mountain Regional Park : 20,000-acre public park dominates the landscape and showcases the Sonoran desert. It provides over 33 miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails. Take the Rainbow Trail or Baseline Trail for amazing views and wildlife!
- Goodyear Community Park: Centrally located off of I10 and Litchfield Road, this park boasts a number of recreational opportunities including tennis, pickleball, volleyball & basketball courts. Playground equipment, splash pad, ramadas & BBQ’s, skate park, tot & big kid playground equipment, climbing wall and dog park ensure all members of your family are enjoying fresh air and exercise!
Other Recreation Facilities:
- YMCA – The Y is for everyone, and they have programs for seniors, youth and families. An Olympic sized pool makes this a unique YMCA, and they believe that healthy living is not just a fad, it’s a way of life!
- EOS Fitness – EOS offers a more affordable gym membership with a wide range of amenities including cardio equipment, free weights training area and fitness classes. You can also enjoy the EOS cinema where you can watch movies on a big screen while working out!
- Lifetime Fitness – This resort-style gym offers indoor and outdoor pools, cardio equipment, free weights, yoga, childcare and group fitness classes. Also, part of the club is a spa and cafe where you can relax after your workout!